Monday, September 21

Aren't Dad's the Best?!?


Yesterday in church, I was in charge of keeping Rachel and Kale busy during Sacrament meeting and Jon was helping out Hallie. As I looked down the row to where Jon was sitting, I watched as he carefully got Polly Pocket into a new dress, and I just thought to myself "Aren't dad's the best?" I loved seeing him in that small moment doing something that is obviously not the norm for him, but loving Hallie enough to risk being caught playing dollies.



In other news, Kale is now walking. Yes, it's true. I love to see him walking from place to place (or at least trying) instead of getting on his hands and knees to crawl. All I can say is "Wahoo!" Those knees of Kale's definitely need a break -- literally, they are covered with callouses.


Hallie is potty training, and she is doing fantastically well. We almost never have accidents (which I am glad about), and she feels so proud of herself. And, the biggest news so far is that Hallie just had her first dry night (whether that's appropriate to share or not, too bad -- we're pretty excited about it here).



The last bit of news we have to share is this -- as many of you know, I put some pink streaks in my hair a few months ago. Well, the girls initially didn't like it, and we talked about it a lot at first, but in the last month they seem to have forgotten about it. Apparently, this was not the case.
Just last week Rachel was coloring in a My Little Pony coloring book. She was filling in those color by number pictures (you know -- color the 1's red, the 2's blue, and so on). As she's coloring she was letting me know how most horses had brown or black hair, but these ponies had special different colors in their hair.
At this point she stops, looks at me, looks back at her picture, and then says, "Mom, your hair is special just like this pony's. You have brown, pink, and blonde, and this pony also has brown, pink, and yellow, which is like blonde."
So there you have it. If you're feeling like your hair could use a change, you can always go to My Little Pony for a little inspiration.

3 comments:

  1. hahah! I love this post! Tell Rachel that Nathan and I were against your my little pony hair from the start! Hallie is so funny in her dress-up outfit. Especially the un-matching shoes. I can't wait to see Kale walking!! Now he seems so much older than Bri. And it must be so fun to have Jon back home again, dressing Polly Pockets and doing other important jobs. Yay! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great husbands we have! I love that Jon helps Hallie with the polly pockets....so cute. Yeah for Hallie and for Kale! Ugh for you as you have a whole new dimension of toddler invasion of your house now :). I also think that people and horses alike all need a little pink in their lives! I am so glad the cute Rachel has figured that out. Brinly has been begging to play with Rachel. She really wants to invite her to her Birthday party. I will get you details and hopefully it will work out. Such a cute post Janay. I have been a little neglectful to my blog of late but I think I will be able to catch things up soon. I have been counting down the days until St. George. I truly can't wait. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now....why did you streak your hair pink?!?

    ReplyDelete