Tuesday, September 1

Violin Virtuoso?!?



Alright, so the truth is, there is no violin virtuoso in our home, it's just me. Although, I am starting to regret my long ago decision to quit violin lessons. I had started practicing my violin again in the spring because of a need to perform at a recital for the music school. Once this said recital was over, the practicing quickly came to a stop. Then, just last week I suddenly felt the desire to start practicing again. On the very next day after resolving to take back up the violin, I got a call to teach violin lessons. I made sure I practiced every day last week, and spent time planning out what I would teach my very first student (well, at least since I was 15). It was fun getting everything ready, but I still felt pretty scared. Yesterday we had our very first violin lesson. It went pretty well, but I was wishing for my old abilities so this kid would have some confidence in the fact that I would be able to teach him great things. Anyway, that's the big news for now. From here on out I will be known as Janay Hansen - violin teacher extraordinaire.

4 comments:

  1. Janay is the coolest violin teacher ever! I am really happy that you have a reason to keep your violin skills alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching lessons is a great way to realize your skills aren't what they used to be. I have seven piano students and rarely play in front of them, just so they never know exactly how out of practice I really am. Congrats! That is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay
    you are so awesome. I've been learning a bunch of arias from Thais and I keep thinking about listening to you play that beautiful violin solo. I love listening ot you play. Maybe you could practice up and play that on Christmas or something. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So cool, that is great Janay and what a fantastic way to make a little extra cash to spend at the outlets in St. George eh? Congrats, I would love to have an incredible teacher like you. By the way, thanks for a great weekend last week. It was way fun to visit.

    ReplyDelete