There is something about Halloween that is just magical to me. I don't really like the scariness of the holiday anymore (although, I used to love it), but who doesn't love a chance to dress up and be something, or someone, different for one special night? Not only is there the magic of being someone different, but you also get the benefit of candy galore, and that can only be a good thing!
Rachel claims she was Willa from the movie Mariposa (for all those whose homes have not been infiltrated with such delights, Mariposa is a Barbie movie), although she wasn't dressed as such. She did have blue hair though, and that's why she thought it was a valid claim.
Hallie wanted to be everything this year, and since we didn't have to buy any costumes, we humored her. She started out as a fairy/Cinderella, next came the 80's punk fairy, and lastly was Pocahontas. How adorable!

The girls and I convinced Jon that he needed to dress up this year, and he actually agreed (I'm pretty sure it was the girls that got to him and not me). We had just gone through Mom's old costumes and luckily there we found a pirate costume. So, thanks to Mom for making it possible to rope Jon into dressing up. The girls thought it was super fun to have Jon in costume.

Well, Halloween is now over, and the fun of dressing up gone with it. Now it's time to get started on thinking about where I'm going to hang my Christmas decorations. I know it's early, but it's tradition for me to decorate just before Jon goes out of town for his November stint, and I must uphold the tradition (that I made for myself).

Super cute pictures janay. Especially the top one of the girls what did you do to Dr. that one? You all look great. Where'd Jon get his hair? and PS, I think you stole my background.
ReplyDeleteWOW, I love your header! When did you guys take that? So cute. Your family was so darling this year. Nick and I have dressed up in the past but we were a little bah humbug about it this year. I loved Hallie's pocahantos costume. It is so cute! And I have always wanted blue hair....maybe next year I will go cool like you and Rach. You are absolute right, your family is pretty cool :) We are so proud to be related. Have a fun decorating.
ReplyDeleteI love little Kale as harry potter. We went and saw that movie at the ghetto flicks twice last month. It was sweet. I really think Jon looks authentic. Good costume. I also love your cute background. You're becoming a reguar blogging genie!
ReplyDeleteNice blog make-over Jebs! MJ's right. You're becoming a pro. And I love the new header picture of the girls. Darling.
ReplyDeleteDid Kale get that everyone was dressing up? He's probably still kind of little. He looks good though.
Janay - love the blog stuff. Your writing has excellent voice. You can certainly tell it's you clickety clack'n on that computer. I guess it's the teacher in me noticing that kind of stuff. You guys rule! - Nick
ReplyDeleteBoo. None of my sisters updated their blogs over the weekend.
ReplyDelete