Actually, I think most of my family is already aware of this, but for those of you in the Hansen household who read this, it's really true. Jon and I were both kind of surprised when the doctor told us we were having a girl, as we both suspected that our baby was a boy. But, they seemed pretty confident about what they were seeing -- and so we continue to add to our ranks of girls in the family. We are both super excited (of course), but the girls were even more excited. When I told them they were going to have a little sister, Rachel said, "Mom, we were right all along!" Rachel has had her heart set on a new sister, because after all "we've already got a brother" (that's a direct quote from Rachel).
As February draws ever nearer, I'm beginning to dread Jon's extended leave of absence from home. He'll be gone the whole month (except weekends). At least this year I've got something to look forward to. I'll be joining him in London the last week of the month (thanks to all who are helping to make that possible)! We are super excited for our little vacation. Hopefully the anticipation won't make the rest of the month drag by. But, I have a plan to help make his absence go by faster. I've got all kinds of plans for redecorating the kids rooms (and Kale's prospective room) while Jon is gone. He's even given me the okay to do some painting. It's going to be pretty exciting, and kind of scary as I've never done anything like this by myself before, but I'm sure it will go well.

I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations on keeping Jon on his toes with all the girls in the house. I think redecorating is the best way to make time go by fast when you are husbandless. I just painted our office while Rob was gone and the week really went quickly. Have fun! Also, I'm so jealous you get to go to London. Can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDeleteA Girl?!!! Yeah! I'm so excited for you! Are you really going to London? That is so exciting! I didn't even know! when are you going? Are your parents watching the kids? Good luck decorating the rooms, it's pretty hard by yourself... I know, I experienced it last week! Just let us know if you need any help!
ReplyDeleteYay! Another beautiful big-eyed Hansen girl! Perfect! So excited for you. Now we just have to wait to see which way Becky goes.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Tam, you'll just have to wait to see what kind of baby Becky has and then maybe you can switch. HA
ReplyDeleteand I can't believe you're going to LONDON!! remember when I used to call you on the pay phone while I was in London because I was lonely. ah those were the days.
Oh yeah Janay! Congratulations. We are so excited for you! Girls are so fun. I feel for you having Jon gone so much this month. If you need help painting let me know. I would be happy to come help you. I sent you a text yesterday for your birthday, I hope you got it. If not, just know that I love you and am so glad that we are friends. I was thinking of you yesterday and I hope that you had a great birthday. Just trying to catch up on all the things I've missed in the blogging world. I've really missed it. I'm glad to be back! Talk to you soon,
ReplyDelete