The last few days Rachel has been walking around with her nose in a book. Literally -- it's like watching Belle walk around her little town while reading. She doesn't even know what's going on around her. We've just discovered the Junie B. Jones series, and Rachel absolutely loves it. She has read the first 4 books in the last week. Like mother like daughter I guess.
Anyway, last night I had to ask her to brush her teeth about fifty times before she finally paid enough attention to register what was being asked. When I came back in to check on her, this is what I found. It is kind of tricky having her so totally engrossed in the books because then she doesn't want to do anything else, but secretly I love seeing her get so involved because I totally know how that feels.
She has been reading in her bed every night until it gets too dark to see. Somehow, reading in bed seems acceptable to me, but playing with barbies while in bed? Definitely not!
Anyway, last night I had to ask her to brush her teeth about fifty times before she finally paid enough attention to register what was being asked. When I came back in to check on her, this is what I found. It is kind of tricky having her so totally engrossed in the books because then she doesn't want to do anything else, but secretly I love seeing her get so involved because I totally know how that feels.She has been reading in her bed every night until it gets too dark to see. Somehow, reading in bed seems acceptable to me, but playing with barbies while in bed? Definitely not!

Ha! I love Rachel the little bookworm. And I completely agree. Books in bed are good. Barbies? No way!
ReplyDeleteOh! Rachel is getting too old! Reading!!! Crazy. She's so cute. I don't know if we can approve distracted teeth-brushing at the Mumford household however.
ReplyDelete