So, we were sitting in church a few weeks ago when Jon leans over the kids and asks "Do you wanna go on a vacation to somewhere warm?" I of course said yes, and that's all it took for Jon to come up with a plan for the family to go to Nevada. Not too far, but far enough to be warm and feel like a real vacation. Thank goodness for all of Jon's hotel points that make things like this impromptu trip possible.
The kids were so excited to go. They had their shoes and sweaters on before we even had breakfast that morning. Sky was probably excited too even though she looks pretty miserable. Maybe she knew what was awaiting her that day -- almost 7 nonstop hours in her car seat.
We dropped our stuff off at the hotel and then continued on to Hoover Dam. It was pretty cool. They had these big statues and constellations all over the ground. I guess they put them in the exact spots that they were in space on the day the dam was finished, or something like that. I'm not really sure why they did it, but it was pretty cool.
When Kale saw that Jon had the camera out, he kept wanting to pose with his hands by his face. I'm not sure why, but to him it seemed like the ultimate picture pose.
The kids were so excited to go. They had their shoes and sweaters on before we even had breakfast that morning. Sky was probably excited too even though she looks pretty miserable. Maybe she knew what was awaiting her that day -- almost 7 nonstop hours in her car seat.
We dropped our stuff off at the hotel and then continued on to Hoover Dam. It was pretty cool. They had these big statues and constellations all over the ground. I guess they put them in the exact spots that they were in space on the day the dam was finished, or something like that. I'm not really sure why they did it, but it was pretty cool.When Kale saw that Jon had the camera out, he kept wanting to pose with his hands by his face. I'm not sure why, but to him it seemed like the ultimate picture pose.

We spent the following day doing a few things. We started out on the Las Vegas strip and the kids thought it was so cool. I was kind of nervous about exposing the kids to that environment, but when you go at 8 am there's not really much to expose them to so long as you stay out of the casinos. Anyway, the kids thought the hotels were way cool and they had a great day of riding around in the double strollers. That's right folks, we had 2 double strollers on the streets of Vegas. My favorite part of the day was seeing people's expressions when they realized that Jon and I were together -- we were just one big long train of kids. Pretty funny.


We headed back to the hotel in the afternoon for a dip in the "swimming cool" (that's what Kale calls it). After the pool we went to a park that was just around the corner from our hotel. We played on the playground and played a little soccer/football.



We finished off every night (and actually started every day) with a cup of complimentary hot chocolate from the hotel lobby. You've gotta love free stuff. The kids loved staying in the hotel, jumping on the bed, and pushing the elevator buttons.
It was such a super fun vacation! Thank goodness for my spontaneous husband that thinks up fun ideas and then actually has us do them. Wahoo for family trips!


Ha ha! Sky! I didn't recognize her in that car seat picture! She looks so different! And I love the kids jumping on the bed. Cute. And I chuckled at Kale putting his hands up in his awesome pose for that picture in front of the elevator. I love that you took a lovely stroll down the strip with your two double strollers. You guys are the best.
ReplyDeleteSeems like so much. Fun I love all of the pictures of Kale both with his hood on and with his hands open by his face. And Sky is cracking me up as the miserable baby in the stroller. She is so funny.
ReplyDeleteHallie got a haircut? Looks cute. I love you guys and I love that you got to go on an impromptu vacation.