Friday, April 1

Big Girl Rachel


It's crazy how my 6 year old suddenly thinks she's old enough to do whatever she wants. It's not like she's wanting to do anything too crazy, but she feels that she is old enough to go, for example, to her school play by herself. After all, it's at her school and she goes there by herself every day. Also, she feels she should be able to just walk all around the neighborhood, like to Wal-Mart (which is over a mile from our house) by herself. It's just crazy to realize that my little girl is growing up so fast, and she realizes it too.

Rachel is attending her first movie party tonight. It's the most fantastic thing in her life right now, not only because she gets to go without her brother and sister, but because it doesn't end until 9:00! She has been counting down the days. She's supposed to bring a treat to share with everyone and she's been thinking about that all week. So, this morning when I came downstairs at 6:30 Rachel was just sitting at the table going through my cookbooks looking for the perfect treat.

I tell you, I don't know where this little girl came from, but I am certainly glad she's mine!

2 comments:

  1. I love that little gal. I think she's so lucky to be able to go to a real life party. She's so smart and so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janay. I keep re-checking your blog wondering when I will get to see more pictures of your cute family. Love you and am thinking of you:)

    ReplyDelete