Tuesday, October 25

Laundry Day



Yesterday I spent a few hours at the laundromat -- I know, pretty glamorous. There aren't any laundromats close by because everyone who lives in this area is pretty rich, and I guess they don't do their own laundry (that's what the concierge told me). And, there truly weren't any laundromats in the immediate vicinity. I had to take a 15 minute train ride before I was even within a 10 minute walk of the place.
The washer/dryers were pretty hard to figure out -- they aren't like the US machines that you put money right into the machine. Lucky for me I asked just the right person for help -- she was from Hungary and had a sweet little baby about Sky's age; and the best part, she also only spoke English but could read German. So, we hung out together at the laundromat; she helped me learn how to start the machines, and I took care of her baby while she folded her clothes. It was fun to have a friend in the city for a few hours. It made the time go by much faster. It was kind of hard to find the laundromat from the subway, and way hard to find my way back, but eventually I ended up at the right place (after asking for directions from about 4 different people).

2 comments:

  1. Fun!!!! I love reading about you and your random hungarian friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you were in Germany! How long were you there for? Did your parents watch the kids? Your pictures make me miss Europe. So many things to see and do!

    ReplyDelete