Monday, October 10

St. George Marathon

Yes, it happened again. The Hansen boys and Amber ran in the St. George Marathon again this year. Of course the spouses are very supportive of this event because not only do the runners love it, but it's a vacation that we can look forward to as well.
We had a great house that had a hot tub (with phantom jets that turned on and off at will), pool, and tons of space. We were all feeling pretty excited about the master bedroom because the shower had 8 shower heads, and then Jon and I won that room!
I was so excited about using the shower until I actually used it -- it was freezing cold! We couldn't figure out why it would be so cold because all the other bathrooms had hot water. After using the freezing cold shower all weekend we discovered that there was a temperature knob as you walked into the shower (it was definitely not noticeable), and it was set at 60.
Anyway, on to the race. Nick had pneumonia and some other ailments the past few months, so was unable to run the race, but he did meet up with Jon for the last few miles. Jon said it was one of the only things that kept him going those last few miles, so we're glad Nick was able to find him.

After Jon came in and had rested a while, he and Nick went back to meet up with the other racers. Jon came through again with Andy, and Nick ran through shortly after with Amber and Dan. It was so much fun to be with all the Hansen's and to see Team Hansen (aka: Sons of Stu and Spandex) run the race.


2 comments:

  1. Hooray for team Hansen!!!!! I'm so sad to hear about your shower, but I'm glad you eventually figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! The cold shower! So funny. I hope it didn't take too long before you found the temperature gauge.

    And Congrats to the runners! That's so great. I love how close Jon is with his siblings. Awesome that they all got to do this together. I'm still in awe of marathon people.

    ReplyDelete