
The party on the 23rd was moved to my house this year so that the Capsolas family could attend. We were excited to show off our newly finished basement, and just happy to have the Utah families together. The kids were so excited to play, and the little girls were especially excited because Maddy came this year!

We had tacos (of course), and millions of treats to last us through the night, even though our night ended around midnight -- we must be getting old.

The kids acted out the nativity with Becky as narrator -- and also Hallie and Kale since they were positive they knew their parts without someone else saying them. It is always so sweet to see the kids reenacting this amazing event. I'm glad that we do it every year, and I hope that the kids don't ever think they're too cool to participate (don't you love that Peter's headdress can second as a superhero cape).

Mom did "The Littlest Snowman" story for her part in the program, the kids all performed fantastic musical feats, and Rob put together a cool little slide show with pictures from past Christmases and just some pictures of us when we were little. I loved it!

This year we gave gifts that we already had, and I think it was a success. The kids were thrilled with what they received both from their cousins and from Grandma and Grandpa (Hallie & Kale really were excited although their faces may not portray that). Kale sleeps with his box of train tracks beside him every single night so that he can play with it as soon as he wakes up.


The kids were allowed to stay up and watch movies as late as they wanted to. But actually, it turned into watching movies until I came down at 12:30 and told them they had to go to sleep since the adults were going to bed. That is definitely the latest any of my kids have stayed awake. They outlasted Jon, and that was enough for them.

We loved having everyone over!
I'm glad I could kind of experience it through skype. Love you. I love that pic of all the kiddos sleeping on the basement floor.
ReplyDeleteYessssss! I just wish you didn't turn the pics into collages, because then they would be bigger so I could see the cuteness of the kiddos a little better. They are all getting too OLD!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm so excited about your basement. It looks awesome.