Man, bedtime (for the kids) is the worst for me, and I don't even do the actual putting to bed -- Jon generally takes care of that. It seems that Hallie always realizes there are a million important things to discuss just as she's supposed to be going downstairs. Here's how tonights conversation went:
Me: Finish brushing your teeth and go to bed.
Hallie: Mom, when's my birthday?
Me: Not for a really long time -- it's in December remember?
Hallie: But how many days?
Me: I really don't know Hal. Please just go to bed.
Hallie: Okay. Mom, when is Easter?
Me: Seriously Hal? We just had it yesterday so it will be a whole year.
Hallie: But how many days?
Me: (hoping to stave off any more day questions) Go to bed Hal.
Hallie: You go to bed!
Me: I will.
Hallie: As soon as we go to bed, you go to bed!
Me: Good night Hallie.
Hallie: You good night! (and then mumbled under her breath as she walks toward the stairs) I just really love Christmas.
This is just a sampling of the joys of bedtime with Hallie. She truly is hilarious! I realize that it probably doesn't always seem so funny, but I'm just feeling glad that tonight it was.
Me: Finish brushing your teeth and go to bed.
Hallie: Mom, when's my birthday?
Me: Not for a really long time -- it's in December remember?
Hallie: But how many days?
Me: I really don't know Hal. Please just go to bed.
Hallie: Okay. Mom, when is Easter?
Me: Seriously Hal? We just had it yesterday so it will be a whole year.
Hallie: But how many days?
Me: (hoping to stave off any more day questions) Go to bed Hal.
Hallie: You go to bed!
Me: I will.
Hallie: As soon as we go to bed, you go to bed!
Me: Good night Hallie.
Hallie: You good night! (and then mumbled under her breath as she walks toward the stairs) I just really love Christmas.
This is just a sampling of the joys of bedtime with Hallie. She truly is hilarious! I realize that it probably doesn't always seem so funny, but I'm just feeling glad that tonight it was.

ha ha. You good night...I just really love Christmas. What a little Sassy gal. Love you both.
ReplyDeletehahahaha! I just really love Christmas. Hahaha! I love her!
ReplyDelete