Kale's music class had a little program last week. I was trying to get Kale excited about wearing his church clothes (he doesn't like wearing them most of the time), so I really talked up how awesome it was that he got to "dress up".
The big day came and we had to leave shortly, so I told Kale to run upstairs and get ready for his program. He came down wearing his cowboy costume. I tried explaining to him that "dress up" meant wearing church clothes, but no amount of persuasion could convince him to change. At least he wasn't wearing the little chaps that go with it. So, off we went with our little cowboy to watch him sing and play instruments.
Sky, of course, thinks that Kale's class is actually meant for her. We tried to have her just sit with her sisters and watch, but it was a fruitless effort. She was more disruptive while screaming in the chairs then she was participating in the class. Luckily, no one seemed to mind that my 2 year old suddenly became one of the students.
Kale really loves going to class and singing all the songs. He doesn't always do what the teacher says, but I figure he's only 3 -- he'll figure it out soon enough.

No comments:
Post a Comment