Sunday, August 19

"That's Funny."

Sky always feels the necessity to let you know when something/someone is funny.  Thus, the descriptive title.

A few days ago Sky came up from the basement covered with bright red-orange lipstick from head to toe.  Her face was completely covered, her arms up to her elbows, her clothes, and the dress-up she was wearing.  Even her hair had lovely red streaks.  Upon further investigation I realized that every stair going down to the basement had bright red circles (probably where her little hands had grabbed as she crawled up the stairs in her too big costume.)

As I sat scrubbing the definitely stained carpet Sky came over to see what was happening.  Our conversation was as follows:

Sky:  Mom, what are you doing?
Me:  Just trying to clean out the lipstick from the carpet.
Sky:  Oh, just cleaning lipstick -- how did it get there?
Me:  It got here because you were playing in your sisters things.  Sky, this is not okay -- I can't get the lipstick off the carpet.  We are in such a huge fight. (I know, really mature to tell your 2 year old that you're in a fight, but I had been scrubbing for 20 minutes with no success and it made me feel better to say it.)
Sky:  Oh, we're going to fight?  Okay.
Me:  No Sky we're not going to fight, we are in a fight.
Sky:  Fine, we're going to fight.  When are we going to fight Mom?
Me:  We're not going to fight, we're in a... never mind Sky.  No one is going to fight.
Sky:  Okay.  No one will fight.  Good cleaning Mom.

Ah, the ever logical Sky.  Now "that's funny."

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Lipstick is the worst! There really isn't much sense getting after children, when they don't even know they caused the problem. Your children are often encouraging to each other and apparently to you too.
    Good cleaning Janay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hahaha! That tiny little sky! I love her so much! "good cleaning mom." Hahahaha!!! I'm just thinking of her teensy self all covered in lipstick!! Now how could you ever fight or be in a fight with such an adorable creature???

    ReplyDelete