Friday, October 12

DisneyWorld Adventures

 Jon and I took our family on a surprise visit to DisneyWorld last week.  It was so fun to plan everything in secret and know that we were going to have such a fun surprise for the kids.  We were flying out on the redeye flight, so we woke the kids up a little earlier than necessary to tell the news.  It took a little while for them to process it (understandably since we had just made them get out of bed).  But, once they woke up a little more, they could hardly control their excitement.  We thought the redeye would be such a fantastic plan so the kids would sleep.  Who were we kidding!?  Of course the kids didn't want to sleep, after all, we were on our way to DisneyWorld!  I think everyone got in at least one hour during the flight.  Luckily kids are resilient -- unluckily, I'm not.  Our first day was super fun, but I was super tired and happy to lay in our bed that night.
Amidst the joy of just being in DisneyWorld, riding the rides, and seeing the characters, the kids also got to have their faces painted (something that Kale talked about non-stop until it was accomplished), and they got turned into pirates and mermaids.  Marmee let us know about a super fun thing called the pirates league.  We went to the cool pirate place where everyone talked like pirates.  The kids got to choose a new pirate name (or in Hallie's case, mermaid), have their faces painted (or just make-up for Rachel), and then were magically transformed into pirates and mermaids.  They loved it so, so much.  So, thank you Marmee and Papa for letting us have that fun opportunity!  Rachel had to pose with her pirate face in almost every picture the day she was turned into the pirate.  So funny.

 Being with the kids in this setting was so much fun.  I loved seeing how excited Sky was to see the princesses -- she is definitely our most princess-loving girl so far.  I think she would have gone home with any one of them if they had suggested it.  It was crazy to see how big the 3 oldest have gotten since we came here the first time.  Rachel and Hallie rode scary roller coasters with Jon and loved it (scary like Space Mountain and Everest -- rides I don't like going on).  Even Kale rode Splash Mountain and thought it was super fun. 
 We had a fantastic time, but it was super exhausting for everyone involved, and we were all so happy to be home and sleeping in our own beds again this week.  Who knows what our next adventures will be together.  I'm not sure, but I can't wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment