Friday, October 26

The First Snow!!

 Yesterday I was awakened with the excited squeals of my kids because it had snowed!  What a wonderful surprise to wake up to (although I would have preferred for the surprise to have come less early in the morning).  The kids were so excited, so by 9:30 we were out in the yard.  The kids were playing happily and I was knocking the snow off our trees -- trying to save the branches before they all broke off.  Snow is super awesome when there are no leaves on the trees.  But when it falls before the leaves have had a chance to fall off, well, that's just trouble.  Just look at this poor sycamore tree, and this was after I had done my best to get off the snow.  When I woke up the branches were so heavy with snow that it looked like a weeping willow tree.

Just a side note, you may have noticed Kale's pink pants.  We got the snow stuff out last week to see what we might need for this year.  We knew Kale needed snow pants but I decided we didn't need to buy them yet because it never snows before November.  Hah!  When we went to put on snow stuff yesterday, Kale was pretty sure he could not wear the pink snow pants, but I convinced him it would be okay since we were just in the backyard.  And now here I am posting his awesome pink pants for anyone who wants to see them.  I guess we'll have to get to the store soon so he doesn't have to relive this embarrassment.

 While I was saving trees, Kale and Hallie made these super awesome little snowmen.  They were so pleased with the end results.


2 comments:

  1. Love the snow pictures. Down here we are still reaching 85 degrees some days. The snowman is wonderful, but the kid's grins are incredible. You are the best mom getting them out there before the day has hardly started. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Janay! Those snowmen!!! They are so cute. When I talked to Mama on the phone she mentioned the little celery stick arms. And sure enough. They are really funny. I don't think I've ever seen a celery stick-armed snowman. Also. Kale's pink pants are lovely. Don't let Jon see these pictures.

    ReplyDelete