Hallie was so excited about her birthday this year. This is the first year she invited friends, and she decided she wanted a fairy party. She planned it all out, and then worried and fretted, wondering if everyone would come and if they would have a fun time.
I think that her birthday was a really special time for her. Hallie was the VIP at school which means she got to bring a poster all about herself and tell the class about it. She also got to have special jobs in the classroom all week as part of the VIP. When her birthday came, some of the kids had remembered that it was her birthday and made a point to say happy birthday and then had other people tell her as well. A few of the kids even made her cards just to be nice -- it wasn't something they had done in class. When I picked up Hal from school I asked her if she was excited about her party, and she told me "I'm more excited about having friends". Up until then she wasn't sure whether the kids in her class were her friends since she's so shy and seldom talks to the other kids. It almost made me cry it was so sweet.
You'll be pleased to know her party was a success. Everyone came who was invited. We decorated fairy wings, painted fairy faces, and even had a treasure hunt to find everyone's fairy wands. Hallie was still kind of subdued like she usually is in a group, but I have never seen her smile more. You could just see how pleased she was with the end result of having everyone be a part of her special day.




Oh sweet sweet Hallie! I love her. She has always been such a beautiful, sensitive little soul. Sounds like a good birthday party.
ReplyDeleteAlso, you should make your pictures bigger instead of having them in collage-form. I need to see the details in these sweet little Hallie bday pics!!!
Love you sis.
We love Hallie's bright little "fairy' face. What are you doing with all the spatulas? Happy Birthday - Looks like a great day!
ReplyDeleteThe spatulas were for the pinata of course. We go through a whole slew of items to hit it with before we pull out the bat. That way every kid has at least 2 tries.
DeleteGood idea Jay.
DeleteThat party looks like so much fun. It's cracking me up that Anna is the only kid in PJs. Love you
ReplyDeleteyeah. Why is Anna in PJs?
Delete