It looks like I definitely slacked off on the blogging department this month. Here are a few things you've missed in the Hansen household...
Rachel had her 8th birthday! It seems weird that she is getting so old. She is trying to finish reading the Book of Mormon before her baptism on the 2nd of February, and as a result she is reading every time I turn around. I am so proud of her dedication to this goal she has made. We asked what we should do to celebrate once she accomplished her goal, and her idea was to buy a Bible. Ah Rachel -- she puts us all to shame. What a sweet little girl.
Instead of a neighborhood friend party Rachel chose to have our families come over for a pizza party. We had play practice after school and barely made it back in time for the party. Rachel walked in the door, raised her hands in the air and said, "Oh yeah. Birthday girl is in the house." It made me laugh so hard. She is truly a Hansen.
So, with half the Hansen clan and the Snarr family, we proceeded to have a rockin' party with pizza, decorations, and games. And of course, some presents. Thanks family for coming and making Rachel feel so special.
In other news, the girls had their recitals this last weekend. I always
get most nervous for the class recital because I have to be in charge
of the talking, etc. But, as always, it turned out just fine, and the
girls played their songs flawlessly. I was so proud of how hard they
have worked this semester. Sky had to miss her recital because she was
too sick. But, since she still got the treat, she didn't seem to mind
too much.

A bible!! Haha! Sweet Rachel.
ReplyDeleteAnd Sky is taking piano too? I didn't know that. I just started doing little lessons with Brian and I have to keep lessons and practice sessions to under 10 minutes if I want it to be a positive experience. I hope it lasts.
Oh Janay, it looks like you have been busy. What a fun party for Rachel - and recitals too? We loved the picture of the girls sitting on the stairs. It looks like you are keeping it altogether as always!
ReplyDelete