Monday, February 4

Snow Days


We have had so much snow here in Layton this year.  Seriously, we have been shoveling like 2 or 3 times a day for the past week or so.  We've probably shoveled more this year than in all the previous years put together.  I say "we", but I actually mean Jon and the kids.  I've only had the misfortune of shoveling twice, and it made me so glad that Jon was home to do it the other times.

 

 

 
 
With all the snow, the kids have been loving exploring the backyard.  We didn't put away some of our plastic bikes, etc. and the snow is so deep that they are covered.  The kids walk around the yard and try to find where they've ended up -- they think it is so much fun.  Luckily they're not very heavy, so they don't sink all the way to the ground like I do.  They just magically float above the deepest snow -- except the time Kale's leg went clear to the bottom, and when he pulled it out his boot was lost for like 10 minutes.  He just layed on the ground with his foot in the air until we found it.  Pretty hilarious!  Too bad I didn't get a picture of that.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! Kale just waiting for his boot. Love him. Haha. It was fun to be there at Christmastime in the winter wonderland. I'm ready for Spring weather again though. Good thing I'm going to work in California next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing little Sky in Kale's snowy pants. It's so weird to see them all grow up via the internets!!! Looks like you are all having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We want to play in the snow too! How much fun it must be to bump down all your stairs to land in the snow. This will be a winter to remember. Our dogwood trees are in pink blossoms - that seems strange in February.

    ReplyDelete