Last night, as I was going through Hallie's backpack, I found a paper she had done at school. At the top she had drawn a picture, and then underneath it she had written this: "I can be honest. I can cep seqits." I puzzled over this for most of the night, trying to figure out whether she was learning Spanish (because any word that has a q in it is obviously part of the Spanish language) and what it could mean. I finally realized that the second part said "keep secrets". Since Hallie can't say her r's, it sounds like "secwets" when she says it, and "seqits" was how she decided to spell it. It made me smile.
14 years ago

What a delightful picture of Hallie. It made us smile. We knew right away what she was writing. (I guess it's all those years in the classroom.) give her a big hug for us!
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha.. Hallie is so cute. I'm sure mom knew just what she was spelling because that's exactly how I used to spell:)
ReplyDelete