Both of the stressful things in June are now finished -- Ragnar and recital time -- finished! Wahoo!
Ragnar was super fun. Here is how it went in picture form (and a few words -- after all, this is me we're talking about).
First of all, the Hansen's are amazing runners. They totally rocked our van and made it possible for us to be ahead of our estimated time. Way to go Jon and Amber!!
Now, for the Hansen who did not rock her runs. It is quite obvious I married into this athletically skilled family.
First run -- does this picture not say it all? It was awful. When I got to 2 miles I felt like I had been running for a million miles. By the time I hit my 4th (and last) mile I couldn't even run anymore. I walked the entire last mile at a ridiculously slow pace. Then, once I crossed the exchange point, I was so sick I couldn't even talk to anyone. Lame.
2nd run -- I was feeling so much better, plus I got to run with cool night time gear, which was pretty fun. I made the run in good time and felt great the whole time!
3rd run -- this was my longest and easiest run. The first half was all down hill (and freezing cold) which was a dream come true (the downhill part, not the freezing part). It makes it so much easier to keep running when your legs are being propelled for you.
I finished in good time (at least for me) and felt fantastic knowing I wasn't going to have to run again.
So, that was Ragnar. It was really fun spending the time with Jon and Amber between runs, and it was fun getting to know the other runners. Overall, I say Ragnar is a great experience and I loved being a part of it.
Ragnar was done, and only the recital was left looming. Anita, Bree, and Rob came to watch -- it was so nice of them.
The girls were so super psyched that they could make it. The kids did a great job and their ensemble pieces were so fun.
The girls got up there so confidently and played their memorized pieces (2 each). Then it was my turn and, true to form, my hands were shaking so badly I could hardly play it. I didn't forget my piece like last year because I brought my book and had it there just in case, but it really did not go well at all. Oh well, it's over now and I don't have to worry about it again for another year.

Haha!! Nathan and I laughed hard about the dollar theater loosing power on your 2nd attempt at seeing a family movie. Hope it works out the next time.
ReplyDeleteGOOD JOB ON RUNNING THE RACE!!! Yay!! It seems fun to be running with a team (especially a fast team. Those Hansens!) And you got through the recital. I'm sure it went better than you are letting on.
Also. You guys are always ridiculously tan in the summer.
Have fun at Disney this week. See you soooooooooon!!!! P.S. I'm scheduled to be induced next Wednesday so I'll have the baby and be back home to see you guys! Yesssss!
Hooray for Janay! Watch out - running can be addictive. This was a pretty big week for all of you. We felt proud of everyone at the recital. Thanks for posting, so we could see their huge smiles. Even from this distance, we could feel the anticipation, and sense of accomplishment. What a sweet picture of you with Kale and Sky, at the end. Love you!
ReplyDelete