It's our first week of summer vacation, and so far, it's been one of our best. Yesterday I took the kids to the library and we maxed out every one of our library cards (like they're credit cards). Luckily, we only have 3 cards between the 5 of us, so I think we have a manageable amount of books. I love that my kids love reading as much as I do. Whether it's from true love or just because they know it's what I love, it matters not to me, so long as they're reading.
After the library we met up with Becky at the pool and the kids swam for a while. It was actually kind of freezing because it was windy. So, it was really ninety degrees, but once you got wet, that wind made it feel much colder.
This picture isn't from yesterday, but it is from our neighborhood pool.
We went to the store after swimming and everyone got to choose what they wanted for dinner that night. We ended up with lunchables, muffins, cinnamon rolls, strawberries, and string cheese. Was this our healthiest meal ever? Definitely not, but the kids were ecstatic about being able to choose whatever they wanted. We ate our unhealthy meal, and then the kids were allowed to watch movies until they fell asleep (or until 11 -- whichever came first). Even Sky was included in the festivities, which she absolutely loved.
Today was spent in the company of the Snarr's. They came and hung out here in the morning, and then we spent the afternoon at a splash pad. For those who don't know, this is basically a park except, instead of a playground there is a big area where water shoots out of the ground and out of pipes and stuff. Sort of like sprinklers in your backyard times 50. It is such a fun idea -- and it's free! Whoever thought of it was so smart. Sorry no pictures -- I'll do better next time.
Here are a few pictures of what went on before school was out.
First, Hallie had her Kindergarten program/graduation. Hallie had Mrs. Graham, just like Rachel, and she loved her just as much. The Snarr's came to watch and Hallie was so delighted. She couldn't believe that they came just for her.
That same night Jon and Rachel went to a Sock Hop for activity days. Rachel was so excited. All the girls had sewn little poodle skirts, and Rachel could not wait to put hers on. She even wore it for a while on Sunday night, just to try it out.
And one last thing. Tonight I was urging the kids to go and get ready for bed. Sky was moving ridiculously slow, in fact she was hanging upside down off one of the couches. Here is the conversation that followed.
Me: Sky, what are you supposed to be doing right now?
Sky: I'm fine Mom!
Me: Sky, get moving.
Sky: I am moving!
Me: You definitely are not moving.
Sky: Can't you see me Mom? My legs are moving.
And sure enough, she was kicking her little legs around in the air. What a sassy little miss. I certainly love Sky and her spunk.

Wow! Cousin fun is the best! We loved Hallie's satisfied little grin at her end of the year program - Congratulations! And Rachel's sock hop - we hardly recognized Jon. It's the kids that are supposed to change while we are away! Nice skirt Rachel! Sky really is looking grown up. We love you all - Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteWe are glad to see more pics of Jon's short-lived haircut. He's looking like a pretty cool dad. Little Sky is so cute in her sassy ways. Love her.
ReplyDeleteLove, Tammy (and MJ... Did I mention she's sleeping at my house this weekend???)