Thursday, August 29

Back to School

The kids have been so excited for school to start up again.  Rachel had helped all the kids choose out their clothes and had laid them out nicely in their rooms the night before.  They all woke up Monday morning at six and got dressed, combed their hair, and ate breakfast before I even came downstairs.  Kale was even wearing his backpack -- he was pretty disappointed to learn that he had to wait 5 hours before he even had to leave.
Rachel has been so excited to wear her new school clothes, so of course she wanted pictures on every morning to show off her awesome choices.  And, if you're taking pictures of one, you inevitably have to take pictures of the others as well.
 
Kale loved his one day of Kindergarten (even though he was disappointed that we had to come with him).  We really like his teacher, Mrs. Bodell.  Unfortunately, she is going to be gone for most of the first 2 months -- she just had a baby and so is taking maternity.  I figure Kale will be fine, although I still feel secretly kind of nervous about switching teachers after 2 months.
Yesterday Kale had his Kindergarten testing.  He was disappointed that I had to come to school with him AGAIN.  He is so excited to go today because he gets to go just by himself.  I had to just wait in the hall during his testing (which I hated -- I wanted to see how he did).  Luckily, Kale only has one speaking volume -- super loud -- so I could hear everything he was saying.  He did a great job and I loved hearing him chatter away to his new teacher about anything, and everything, that came to his mind during the pauses between testing.
 Everyone seems pleased with their new teachers, and I feel pretty hopeful for the school year.  Tonight is back to school night (which I weirdly love!), so I'll get to go and meet Rachel and Hallie's teachers and see how their classes run.  I love the first few weeks of school -- hooray for school!!

2 comments:

  1. Janay - what fun starting a new school year. We could feel the excitement from the pictures. Kale and the backpack made us laugh out loud. I didn't guess he would be so talkative. Rachel seems so grown up. I agree school starting is a special time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun!! I love the beginning of the school year too. I love the fresh new clothes and having a fresh chance with a teacher who isn't aware of my behavior problems yet..ha ha. Also I love the pic with little Sky in her pjs hugging all the back to school peeps.

    ReplyDelete