Last night was the school Halloween Dance. The kids love going so much -- they've been counting down the days for the past 2 weeks. Jon got called out of town, but I had already promised the kids we could go, so we braved it alone. I'm glad that we did.
Rachel is getting so grown up. Almost from the time we got to the school, she had her eyes open for 2 of her friends. Then, once she found them, she wanted to just be able to run around with them and not stay with the family. It was the first time I had experienced this; normally she has been happy to talk with her friends, but then stay with the rest of us.
The kids spent at least an hour just dancing on the stage. They hired a
DJ this year, which I thought was kind of ridiculous, but it was
actually super cool. He brought a fog machine and had all these cool
laser lights flashing everywhere, and Kale was practically in heaven.
Now that the excitement of the dance is over, the kids can hardly wait for tomorrow. I've been told at least 5 times so far that there's only one more night before Halloween. I'm sure I'll be reminded at least that many more times before the day is out. I'm glad my kids love dressing up as much as I do. It's fun to have the kids get excited about it just like I do.

What fun at the Hansen house, and who knew mama Janay liked to dress up? I always supposed she did it just to be a good sport. Sorry Jon had to miss the night! Did Sky miss the memo about this being fun? We loved her little face. Miss you all!
ReplyDeleteJay!! Everyone's costumes look great.Fog machines and dance parties are two of my favorite things. Seems like a fun night.
ReplyDeleteJay. I laughed so much at Kale being "practically in Heaven" dancing with all the lasers and fog. You guys all look so cute.
ReplyDelete