The kids were so excited for the first day of school. They were all up by 6 and ready to go by 6:30.
I always love the first week of school too -- the newness of it provides
all the motivation the kids need to be ready on time. As a result I
don't have to nag anyone to finish getting ready before the TV goes on, I
don't have to worry about anyone sleeping too late, and everyone
remembers to get homework done right after school.
It seems crazy that little Sky is starting school this year. She is so excited, and yet so very scared. The first day we got to go with her, but then she was on her own. I dropped her off, and she just stood by the classroom door and cried. I knew that staying wasn't going to help, so I just quick gave her a hug and made a hasty exit. I felt so sad for her! None of our other kids had any tears, so it was doubly hard. But, her teacher, Miss Parkinson, is very sweet and I think that will help Sky adjust. She still gets nervous to walk into class, but as long as I have her at the front of the line, Miss Parkinson holds her hand while they walk and that seems to make Sky feel more comfortable.
This year is going to be a busy one with soccer and football happening
during the week (at least in the fall). But, so far we're managing just
fine and no one feels deprived of anything -- if anything they seem happier being so busy. Looking forward to an exciting year!

No comments:
Post a Comment