Thursday, June 30

Snarr Sleepover

Jon was out of town this month for 2 weeks. Well, as luck would have it, Ryan (Becky's husband) was out of town during the second week. Becky and I decided it was the perfect opportunity to just live with each other. It was so much fun. For 3 days the Snarr's came and stayed with us. I was trying to rack my brain for things the kids could do while their dads weren't around. Lucky for me, I remembered that Mom had given me a book full of activities for kids.
Anyway, I looked through the book and inspiration struck --we would have a field day. We played sock toss (formerly known as bean bag toss), sock races, relay races, long jump, and cross the creek (that's what the book called it -- it's a jumping game). It was tons of fun and the kids felt like we did something more fun than just a normal day. And having the Snarr's there made it feel extra special. Wahoo for cousins!




The first night that the Snarr's were over, we read books for almost an hour. The kids all got to choose one book and then we had story time (you know, like at the library). I loved it! Maybe that is what I should be doing when the kids go to school -- be a school librarian.

And of course, we had to put in an appearance at the pool. After all, the girls had just finished up swimming lessons so we had to go and test out their skills. They were pretty impressive. Rachel is even allowed to swim in the big pool without Jon now.

Alas, the cousin fun had to come to an end, as all good things usually do. Luckily we're getting together next week for our Bear Lake adventure. We are so excited that we're actually counting down the days on the calendar. Wahoo!

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your field day activities!!! And I'm so jealous you're all going to be together in Bear Lake next week. I have to keep telling myself that being an opera singer is the best job I could ask for and I can't really be too sad about that fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new blog design looks good J.

    And I hope that we are planning to play some of these games again in Bear Lake. They look like fun. We're so excited to see you guys. We just got to the Mumford's yesterday.

    ReplyDelete