Sunday, July 24

Impromptu Parties


Last week Rachel informed me that she was going to be having a princess party the next day. She had all the activities planned out, the invitations ready, and the guest list made. What else could I do but let her have her party?
She called the Snarr and Capsolas families and invited them to come for her party. They started out with a treasure hunt, played Shara Tiara (a princess crown game), got their own crowns, had a princess meal, and then watched a princess Barbie movie. Overall, it was a highly successful party.


Two days later Hallie informed me that she had planned a Hawaiian/Disney party for the next day. Since I had allowed Rachel to have a similar party, I couldn't very well turn down Hallie's request (or command). Like Rachel, she had everything planned out and ready. She had even decorated our house with pictures she had drawn especially for the occasion.
The Snarr's graciously participated in yet another impromptu party. We glittered the girls faces up at Hallie's request, and the party began. We had a treasure hunt (why deviate from genius?), picnic, and drew with chalk using homemade stencils. Hallie felt that it was a major success, so I'm glad that we had it.

1 comment: