
On Friday the kids and I played in our leaves. About half of our trees had lost their leaves, and the kids could not wait to make the most of it. Everyone helped get the leaves in the pile; we only have 2 real rakes, so the other kids used whatever they could find -- shovel, broom, hands -- whatever seemed to work.

I was nervous about the kids throwing the leaves around with Sky, but she loved being in the leaves. She even let the other kids bury her in the leaf pile -- face uncovered, of course.

I felt like watching was good enough for me, but the kids were convinced that I should have a turn jumping into the pile. I wasn't going to, but I knew that if Jon were there, he probably would have had a turn, so I decided I could be just as fun as he is. Kids are pretty brave jumping into leaves -- they have no thought for the injury that could come to them. I tell you what, that ground is awfully hard when you throw yourself down onto it, but it was worth it to see the delighted faces of my kids.


Janay! I love the pics of you in the leaves. So cute, you FUN mom, you!
ReplyDeleteAlso. You look awesome in your Halloween costumes and I'm glad that Jon wasn't too "bowing". You guys look great. see you in a WEEK!!!!!