Monday, December 5





It's been a while since I've posted because Jon and I have been living our lives in the basement the last few weeks -- literally. Jon has been going to work, coming home, changing clothes, and then immediately heading into the basement. And on weekends, he doesn't even come up for meals -- I usually make something for the kids and myself, and then bring down something to Jon. This is what Jon looked like after he was done painting the ceilings -- Rachel called him our snowdad (you know, like snowman).


Our kids have been fantastic about the whole thing. The older kids have been keeping Sky entertained so that I can also live my life in the basement. I have been coming up 3 times a day in order to make meals and put Sky to bed, and other than that the kids have been ruling the household. There have been a few times where I've come up to chaos (holes being cut into clothes, hair being cut off -- nothing too drastic), but overall they have done an awesome job of being ridiculously responsible little kids. They have been so patient, and now that patience is finally paying off.

I believe my basement crazy days are now over. We put the last coat of paint on (fingers crossed) during the wee hours of the morning today (pictures will follow later), so I think I get to go back to being a regular mom, and frankly, a regular person with a normal life. It feels pretty good. Jon and Nick are going to do tile this weekend, and then we just have to wait for the cabinets and carpet to be installed (minus putting on doors and installing light fixtures/switches). We're almost to the end, and it's gonna be awesome.


In the midst of this basement madness, we managed to attend Amber & Sterling's wedding/reception (look at all those sisters!), and Thanksgiving/family pics at Mom and Dad's (thanks for hosting and letting us sleep over). It was a super fun break in the midst of a few crazy weeks.


Now that the basement is almost finished, I can't wait for the holiday festivities to begin!

1 comment:

  1. Jay the basement is looking awesome. It's going to be weird to see it comepletely finished. You guys are rockstars. MIss you.

    ReplyDelete