Wednesday, September 5

Family Day



On Monday Jon didn't have to work so we spent the whole day together as a family.  We did our yard work and then spent the afternoon in Salt Lake.  We went to the new mall and ran through the water that shoots out of the ground and walked through Temple Square.  I don't think we've ever been there as a family except at Christmas time, so it was a fun experience.


They have a big display on temples and families in one of the visitors centers, and there's a replica of the Salt Lake temple that you can see inside the rooms.  As I was looking at it with the girls and explaining what the different rooms were for I found myself crying (of course, as Rachel said).  Right at that moment, it was like Heavenly Father was reaffirming my knowledge of all that I know is true.  I just was overcome with gratitude that my family has the chance to be together forever because of mine and Jon's temple marriage.

 I love days when our family can just be together all day long.  They are especially appreciated these days since Jon has been traveling more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment