I loaded the kids in the car this morning to run an errand before we had to take Hallie to school. We got everyone in only to discover that the car wouldn't start. Normally I would just defer to Jon at times like this, but he is in Orlando for work this week. I wasn't sure what to do, so I called Becky and made her come over (because of course she would know how to help).
I got Jon on the phone and he told me that I needed to take the battery out of the car, buy a new one, and then install it. I was feeling pretty nervous since I generally don't use any tools unless it involves hanging pictures on the wall. But, with Becky beside me telling me that of course I would be fine, I succeeded in replacing my own car battery! I felt pretty awesome. It's apparent that I am well on my way to being a full time mechanic.

Janay - you are amazing! I was so proud that you were willing to replace the car battery all by yourself and that you did it so easily. Thanks for taking care of "business" while I was out of town.
ReplyDelete