Tuesday, November 27

Thanksgiving with Ourselves

This year, for the first time ever, Jon and I were the grown-ups for Thanksgiving.  It was kind of weird having Mom and Dad be gone because we always do Thanksgiving dinner with them which means I've never given the food preparation a second thought.  It always just magically appears at mealtime.  
 
This is the first time Jon and I have ever even looked at turkeys, much less bought one.  We looked online to find out what we were supposed to do, and  I think our little feast turned out beautifully (no pictures of the finished product -- maybe next year) and our kids have never eaten so much at a meal (except maybe pancakes).



 
 
I forced everyone to come and take pictures.  Rachel had done her hair in a side ponytail, and when the other girls saw it, they knew it was the only way to go with their hair as well.  Maybe I should have put my hair in a ponytail too, and then all the girls would have been matchy-matchy.  Oh well, I guess there's always next time.  Once we got started, the kids had tons of ideas of different poses they could try.  This is just a small sampling of what they came up with.

2 comments:

  1. Fun to share a little of your Thanksgiving. I'm sure the dinner was wonderful. We loved the pictures of everyone - especially the first turkey ensemble. We love you and miss you. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janay! You look so lovely stirring the gravy. Nice job on being the grown-ups for the first time! Love you. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete