Thursday, May 23

Mothers Day...and a few Other Things

I'm a little slow on the Mother's Day report, but better late than never.

I had a wonderful, but busy, morning.  I woke up early to prepare a lesson for Kale's class and then quickly jumped back in bed for a 5 minute nap before the kids came and woke me up with the wonderful homemade gifts they had made.  Hallie's school teacher had told the kids that maybe they could wake up their moms with a huge hug, give them their gifts, and then their moms would probably cry.  Hallie knew that this was exactly how things were going to happen at our house, and so requested that I sleep in on Sunday morning instead of waking up before she did.
So, I woke up with a huge hug, was given gifts, and yes there were even a few tears involved.  It was all Hallie could have hoped for.
When we went down for breakfast it was like Christmas morning.  The kids had taken all their money and chosen out special gifts for me.
The earrings are from Kale, the bracelet/ring combo from Sky, and the shirt is from Rachel.
In this picture the shirt is from Jon and the necklace from Hallie -- oh yeah, those earrings are also from Kale.
We spent a fun day talking to missionaries and spending time with the Hansen family.  Thank you to all for helping me have a fun and relaxing Mothers Day.

Hallie has recently lost her 2 bottom teeth.  They've been loose for a really long time, but she didn't want to bother them too much in case it hurt too much.  All that changed when Rachel pulled out a tooth that was barely loose.  Once that happened, Hallie was determined to get her teeth out too.  So, Sunday night we pulled one out, and then Monday night the second one came out.  Hallie was so excited.  
Hallie wrote a special note to the tooth fairy.  It started out "To my friend the tooth fairy..."  I wish I had taken a picture of it.  She asked all sorts of questions and then requested that the tooth fairy write back if she had enough time.  Hallie was delighted to have received a reply the next morning.  She even left a Swedish Fish for the tooth fairy with her second tooth after inquiring as to whether or not the tooth fairy liked candy.  I love that kid so much!!
Also, Sister Anna Hansen sent the kids little missionary tags, and she even changed the "Sister" to "Elder" on Kale's.  They were thrilled to have real missionary tags.  Sky liked hers so much that she wore it to bed.



2 comments:

  1. Oh Janay! Your kiddos are so cute with their Mother's Day gifts! So stylie. And we loved that Hallie wrote a special note to "Her friend the Tooth Fairy".
    Nathan and I burst out laughing at little Sky's face in the second to last picture. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much happening! Thanks for the up-date. We wouldn't want to miss all this. Tooth fairy time at the Hansen establishment. What perfect toothless grins. What lovely mother's day outfits! It's good to have your missionaries starting out so young - those Hansen sister missionaries are going to have positive family impact. We love them too and hope all is going well for them in their assignments.

    ReplyDelete