Remember in high school when you would think of creative ways to ask people to dances? Well, I had "someone" ask me out similarly last night (I'm sure you can guess who that someone is).
We were just cleaning up dinner when someone knocked on the door. Jon was washing pots and so asked me to get it. When I opened the door there was a gift bag with a big J on it, and a yellow note inside. Thus began a special scavenger hunt for me. Jon had stopped on his way home from the airport and hidden clues around the neighborhood -- they were actually pretty far from our house; the kids and I had to drive to reach most of them. The kids and I set off on the clue adventure while Jon stayed home to finish cleaning up. The kids loved looking for the clues as we were driving, and they had so much fun trying to figure out where the clue was sending us next. Hallie kept referring to whoever set up the scavenger hunt as "the man", thus keeping up the mystery of who could be sending us on this adventure.
One of the last clues said the date would be Saturday and then sent us back to the house to find out who was asking me. When we walked in the front door, there were papers to follow on the ground, and then we were directed to look up and there was a string with a paper on it. When we pulled on it, a whole ton of balloons fell out of the sky.
While we were gone Jon had taped up one of those plastic painting covers, and then filled it with balloons. The letters of his name were written on the balloons, and we had to put the letters in order to find out who the mystery man was. The kids were slightly stumped because they had thought Jon was the mystery man, but there were too many letters for Jon -- there was an extra N and Y. Luckily, I knew just what to do. So, an hour after we began, we solved the scavenger hunt mystery. Looks like I've got a date with the best looking boy I know. Wahoo -- I can't wait!

What an adventure! The kids will always remember it! Way to go Jon - finding yet a new way to let Janay know she is a 10 cow wife.
ReplyDeleteI love this! I especially love that your kids got to be a part of the hunt. So fun!
ReplyDeleteAlso. Mom's 10 cow wife comment... Hahaha!