Wednesday, October 12

Wahoo for Hallie!!


Hallie just read her first words today! She's been asking me lately if she can learn how to read, and I just keep telling her that first she has to know all the different sounds of the letters.

While we were outside playing today, she started drawing her letters (which was surprising in and of itself -- when did she learn all the different letters and their names?). Once she was done writing her alphabet we went through and checked all her sounds, and sure enough she knows almost all of them. Maybe she's been practicing in secret or something.

Hallie immediately wanted to try reading some words. So, I wrote a few words and then she sounded them out and drew a picture for what she read. It was pretty amazing to me. I was most worried about Hallie learning to read because talking was so hard for her, but apparently I didn't need to worry. Wahoo for Hallie!!

While Hallie and I were busy doing her words, Kale was busy wearing his sisters Barbie elbow and knee pads. Sky, on the other hand, was busy eating the nasty raspberries that are still on our bushes. Yuck!

Oh yeah, check out that sweet ponytail on top of Sky's head -- she wouldn't hold still long enough for me to do a good side pony, so I just shoved it where I could reach. At least it kept the hair out of her eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes!!! Sky. looks. so. different!!!!! She is a cute pie indeed. And Kale is looking awesome in his cowboy boots and barbie guards. And congrats to Hallie! Cute girl. Excited to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Hallie! I"m so proud of her. I love that you wrote,"While Hallie and I were busy doing her words, Kale was busy wearing his sister's Barbie elbow and knee pads. Bri and I were cracking up about that. I love that picture of sky too. She really is so so cute.

    ReplyDelete