Holidays are the best! Jon took the whole day off, so we got to spend all day as a family. We started off the day with a run (separate of course -- I could never keep up with Jon), and then went to the splash pad in Kaysville. Sorry, no pictures -- I forgot the camera. We spent a few hours there and the kids loved it even more than usual because Jon was willing to run through the freezing cold water with them a few times.
After the splash pad, we met up with the Snarr's for some swimming fun at our neighborhood pool (again, no pictures -- sorry).
We came back to our house and played until it was time for dinner. Jon grilled up some hotdogs and hamburgers, and we had grilled zucchini and corn on the cob. And of course, watermelon -- you can't have a barbecue without it. We finished off the night with ice cream sandwiches and sparklers.
Of course it was still light, but the kids didn't seem to mind doing sparklers with the sun still out.
It was a super fun day and I'm glad the Snarr's were here to help us celebrate.

I'd forgotten sparklers could be so much fun - even in the daylight! Love the individual shots and the apprehensive look on Sky's face.
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhh! 24th. love the pics.
ReplyDelete